Yesterday morning, I lost my last contact lens somewhere in the bathroom. This is not an interesting story, really. I was just legally blind for all yesterday. I mean, I don’t technically know if I was legally blind, but I told everybody that because it’s close enough and I had a dinner date with some friends and then they’d offer to drive. I know I shouldn’t be behind a wheel without optical help, let’s put it like that. I spent all day complaining that I couldn’t see and milking the experience– an experience that was totally my fault, since I must’ve completely missed the little contact lens holder and put a lens on the counter or the sink or the toilet or something, but I enjoy a good gripe.
I need to go to the eye doctor and get new contacts. I'm a horrible contacts wearer. I'm the type of person that will buy two boxes of lenses and wear my contacts for months until they start to hurt my eyes. I know - I need to make an appointment to get my eyes checked. I know I need new glasses. I've had the same pair of glasses since I was in the 4th grade that my brother bought for me and my eyes have changed since then, but I can half see with my old glasses. (I love you, Brad. You always took care of me when I was little because no one else did.) Last year when I went to the eye doctor it was so expensive! I’ll sum it up: eye exam is free, contact exam not free, lenses not free, some other deductible, and I had to pay for them to take photographs of my eye. My total bill was a little over $200, which was $200 more than I thought I was paying. Initially, I was told insurance covered everything, then it turned out they only covered everything I didn’t care about having done. I’m sure I still made out well in the deal– without the vision coverage, it probably would have been around $500. Still, though. Man. $200. I keep feeling like we have some extra money, and then I go and drop my contacts in the toilet. Man.
In other news, Nate should be home on Saturday. Yay!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment